CONSTITUTION OF TUNGABHADRA BOARD.

Tungabhadra Board was constituted by the President of India on the 1st October, 1953 under sub-section 12:17 AM 10/21/99(4) Section 66 of Andhra State Act vide Notification No. DWII-22 (129) dated 29-9-1953 of the then Ministry of Irrigation and Power. The Tungabhadra Board consisted of Chairman appointed by Government of India and six Members. The Members were Chief Engineers of both Irrigation and Power Departments of Governments of  Andhra, Mysore and Hyderabad States. Chairman of Central Water and Power Commission was appointed the Chairman of the Board, in addition to his normal duties.


The Board was reconstituted with effect from 15th march 1955  vide Notification No. DW VI(4)(9) dated 10-3-1955 of the then Ministry of Irrigation and Power - Annex 1.1 . The reconstituted Board consisted of Chairman nominated by Government of India and four Members representing Government of India, Andhra, Mysore and Hyderabad. Later, with the reorganisation of the States in 1956, the Hyderabad representative dropped out. The Board now consists of Chairman nominated by Government of India and three Members representing Government of India, Government of Andhra Pradesh and Government of Karnataka.